SP 9 KAAD
The KAAD is the scholarship organization of the German Catholic Church. It has maintained partnership relations with individual Vietnamese universities since 1993, thus contributing to the positive development of bilateral cultural relations. In addition to the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, which was the first political foundation to open an office in Hanoi in November 1990, and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, which succeeded in 1993, it is one of the early actors in this field. The KAAD has been working with various partners at the governmental and non-governmental levels in Vietnam for 20 years.
Reference projects of the KAAD in Vietnam
- The program "Asia-Link Medicinal Chemistry" (2003 - 2006). In the project, which was tendered and funded by the European Union, the KAAD was "associated partner" in a network of 3 European universities (University of Ulm, University of Regensburg, University College of Dublin) and 3 Asian universities (Hue Medical College, University of Natural Sciences Ho Chi Minh City, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry). It was responsible for the selection and supervision of the Vietnamese scholarship holders.
- On the occasion of the 35th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Germany and Vietnam, a "Vietnam Year" in Germany and a "Germany Year" in Vietnam were proclaimed for 2010. The conference "World of learning - world of living. The role of science and education in modern world ", which KAAD conducted in 2010 at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Hochiminh-City, was part of the cycle of events that reflected the broad spectrum of German-Vietnamese relations.
- In 1999, KAAD hosted a conference on Hue University of Education on "Natural sciences and modern life. A Vietnamese - German Dialogue" in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Training, Hanoi.
In order to ensure the strengthening of local personal capacities (Capacity Development) within the framework of KaWaTech Solutions, measures are provided for the development of competence and awareness in the framework of scholarship programs and a summer school in Vietnam. These measures, which serve to ensure a sustainable transfer of knowledge, are carried out by the KAAD.
The following groups of people are considered:
- For doctoral studies: Research associates / students at one of the Vietnamese partner institutions in the field of water management or a related discipline. They have already earned a master's degree and have practical experience (teaching, research). Persons with these qualifications will be eligible for a three-year doctoral program. The first and the third year of study are spent in Germany, the second year of study serves as a research stay in Vietnam.
- For a research stay in Germany: Research associates / students of one of the Vietnamese partner institutions in the field of water management or a related discipline. They have already earned a master's degree and have practical experience (teaching, research). The research stay is part of a doctoral project. Participation in a German language course compulsory.
- Participation in a summer school: Students / scientific staff / professors of the Vietnamese partner institutions in the field of water management or a related discipline receive the opportunity to participate in a "summer school", which is conducted at one of the Vietnamese partner institutions. The number of participants directly funded by the project is 25.
The promotion measures serve the goals of
- capacity development,
- knowledge transfer and
- institution building, which enables a lasting relationship between the German and Vietnamese partners.
They are characterized by their multiplicatory effect in terms of their professional and sociocultural aspects.
Dr. Heinrich Geiger
Head of Unit Asia